• Cooks plan, organize, prepare and cook meals, according to recipes or under the supervision of chefs, in hotels, restaurants and other eating places, on board ships, on passenger trains and in private households.
• Tasks include –
(a) planning meals, preparing and cooking foodstuffs;
(b) planning, supervising and coordinating the work of kitchen helpers;
(c) checking the quality of food;
(d) weighing, measuring and mixing ingredients according to recipes and personal judgement;
(e) regulating the temperature of ovens, grills, roasters and other cooking equipment; inspecting and cleaning the kitchen, kitchen equipment and serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food handling practices;
(f) operating large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
• Korean fusion background is a MUST.
• Korean chain restaurant experience is required in this position.
• Oversee and monitor production of food & service according to outlet requirements in compliance with HACCP, GMP & HALAL standard.
• Liase with internal departments including Operations, Accounts, Human Resources, Purchasing and Marketing Department.
Skills & Qualifications
• Adaptable to change, able to pivot and find alternate solutions, demonstrated capability in meeting new challenges.
• Good problem solving skills, able to navigate unexpected situations or conditions.
• Critical observer-thinker, bringing fresh perspective and offer intuitive solutions and ideas.
• Excellent hands-on skills with eye for details
• Ability to work independently.
• Positive attitude and responsible character.
• Pleasant personality with focus on excellence in customer service.
• Prior working experience will be an added advantage.
• Self-starter with good communication and interpersonal skill.
• Possess self-confidence and be able to actively interact with all relevant parties.
• Fresh graduate and SPM leavers are encourage to apply.
Perks & Benefits
- Medical insurance
- Personal development opportunities